Word from The Lord
It is a Word from the Lord that encourages, uplifts, comforts and exhorts. Logos is the written Word (Bible) and prophesy is the Rhema Word, a now Word that speaks to your potential in Christ. Most often there will be conditions that have to be met for the prophetic Word to be fulfilled, contained in the prophesy.
- Prophecy can contain the Word of knowledge about person’s, places or things.
- It can contain the gift of discerning of spirits, which is seeing the heart of a person that is given personal prophecy..
- It is not automatic, It is and remains your responsibility in what degree of obedience you walk with the Lord
- Prophecy never condemns, criticizes or judges.
- Prophecy does not tell a person what to do, such as go to Africa, get married to a certain person, etc.
The prophet is not to dictate, control or manipulate others with the gift. What you do with the Word that you have been given will determine its fulfillment in your own life. Always let the Holy Spirit lead you in this. Be led by His calmness and in His calmness.
The received word should at all times be checked with the written word: the Bible. Prophecy can never be in contrast with the written word of God.